Here is a fun little project I came up with for Valentine’s Day this year. I love the idea of slipping a treat into your loved one’s pocket to let them know you care, so I came up with this little Valentine pocket. It’s just big enough to hold a small chocolate or a wee love note or a “diamond-ass ring” (my husband is a very classy man). I put Ghirardelli chocolate squares in mine. The dark chocolate salted caramel flavor is amazing.
This pattern is for the pink and red Valentine Pocket.
What you’ll need for this project:
- The Pattern (pdf)
- Red felt
- Pink felt
- Light-colored fabric pencil
- Sewing needles
- Gold thread
- Fabric scissors
- Optional: jewels, beads, ribbons, lace
1. Start by cutting out 2 large red hearts and 1 small pink heart. Cut a 2 1/2 inch slit into the back of one of the red hearts. This will be the back of your Valentine Pocket.
2. With your gold thread, stitch the small pink heart onto the center of the front piece and stitch a decorative stitch around the slit in the back piece. I used a blanket stitch for this project. There is a good tutorial for that here. But a whip stitch or a running stitch would work just as well.
3. Now all you have to do is sew your two pieces together and put a treat inside.
4. Next all you have to do is sneak your Valentine Pocket into your sweetie’s pocket or lunchbox or briefcase or mailbox or boots or…
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!